National Pistachio Day is a nutty day. You can celebrate National Pistachio Day by eating them, and learning more about them. We’re going to help with the learning part…….. read on.
Nutty Pistachio Facts:
- Pistachios grow on trees. They are native to the Middle East.
- Its a long wait to get the first nut. A pistachio tree takes 7-10 years to mature.
- California is the major producer in the U.S.
- Pistachios are harvested in September by machines that shake the trees. It less than a minute.
- The red dye is added to the nuts is only due to consumer demand for the color.
- Its open hull is unique. The nut is ripe when the hull splits open.
- People in the Middle East call it the “smiling nut” and in China its called the “happy nut”.
- Pistachios are nutritious, so eat them up!
Celebrate today by eating Pistachios. They are great plain as a snack, in ice cream, and in a wide range of desserts.
#Pistachio #Yummy #Enjoy #Elephant #GreatSnack