While it is January 10th so it must be Houseplant Appreciation Day. The holidays are over. The decorations have been put away for another year. The house looks a little plain, a little drab. In the greyishness of January, your eye catches something in the corner of the room. Why, it’s a houseplant! Funny, but with all of the holiday hubabuloo, you’ve all but forgotten your houseplants. Today is THE day to get back to tending to, and loving your houseplants. And, it’s also a day to appreciate just how special and important they are. They are therapeutic, lifting your mood and outlook. They add warmth and a calming effect. If you are a gardner, they give you an opportunity to play in the dirt, until spring arrives in the far, distant future. Growing houseplants is pretty easy. They need a little sunlight, water, occasional nutrients, and a little love.. More on growing houseplants
How to Celebrate Houseplant Appreciation Day: There are lots of ways to celebrate and enjoy this day. They include:
- Start by making sure that the houseplants you already have, are well watered. Give them a special treat today… a little fertilizer.
- If you do not have any houseplants, or just have a couple, buy a new houseplant (or two) on this day).
- Learn more about the benefits of houseplants to your health.
- Stand by your houseplant and breath in the air! It’s giving off oxygen.
- Teach your kids about growing and caring for plants.
- Give a houseplant to a friend, especially the elderly or shut-ins.
- Talk to your plants. Yes, people believe plants respond positively, when you talk to them.
#HousePlants #Greenery #Elephant #Garden #H2O