Why, this is an absolutely great day, as it is National Pizza Day. The vast majority of people, in America and around the world, love pizza and eat it on a regular basis. It is very versatile, with a huge assortment of things you can put on it, including meats, vegetables and fruits. And, don’t forget the fish.. Anchovies! With all this variety, there is is a pizza for just about everybody.
Pizza is eaten for breakfast (often cold), lunch, dinner and as a late night snack. It is a very popular food for parties and events.
Here is some interesting trivia on the ever popular pizza:
- Pepperoni is the most popular, preferred by 36% of the people.
- Over 3 Billion pizzas are sold n the U.S. each year.
- More pizzas are sold on Super Bowl Sunday, than any other day of the year.
- Halloween is the second most popular day for eating pizzas.
- Over 17% of restaurants are pizzerias, or serve pizza.
- The first pizza was sold in Naples Italy in 1738.
- Pizzas most likely evolved as a variation of flatbreads.
- Americans consume over 23 pounds of pizza per year.
It is very easy to enjoy National Pizza Day. Have some pizza today. To enjoy this day to the fullest, you need to make homemade pizza and have pizza for breakfast, lunch, dinner and as a snack.
#Pizza #Everybody #Love #Elephant #Yummy #ManyVarieties #CreateYourOwn